Thursday, September 3, 2009

Historical Parallels

Now I try to not be TOO crazy on this here blog, and those of you who know me know that I am not what most would consider to be a crazy, zealous, right winger. That being said, I was most pleased when Obama was forced to keep out of gun rights issues for at least a little while by the roar of a huge, voting, sector of the populace. While Obama might not have the desire or the political capital to drastically alter our Nation's Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Firearms, others ( I am looking at you, Nancy Pelosi) have stated again and again their desire to restrict, license, ban, and confiscate most types of guns.

I don't often engage in "New American Revolution" type nonsense, I do not favor the flat tax, etc. But I do like to compare past events with what the future might bring. So with no further delay, I bring you the PAST effects of weapon confiscation in America.
‘‘War clouds were gathering rapidly. The sending of more than 3,000 British army regulars under Maj. Gen. Thomas Gage to Boston further exacerbated the imperial rift. When a column of these troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.’’



Just sayin'






No comments:

Post a Comment